Covid Mitigation Policy
Date of Latest Review 6 October 2021
This is the general policy to inform Tango Dancers who wish to attend our events of our terms and conditions of entry. In the effort to make dancing as safe and comfortable as possible entry requirements are as follows: proof of full covid vaccination and confirmation of a negative lateral flow test (LFT) on the day. We will ask you to sign to confirm that you have done that and that the result is negative. Your vaccination record is available on the NHS app (separate to the NHS Covid-19 App), which takes a few minutes to set up so best do that soon if you haven’t already. We need to see EVIDENCE OF DOUBLE VACCINATION, without exception. We need to see the QR codes, provided by the NHS, either printed out or on your NHS mobile app. Please check you have this before you set out. You can get LFT tests and instructions how to register your result following this link https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests.
1) All event attendees enter at their own risk, while agreeing to co-operate with event organisers in any efforts to mitigate the risk of spreading the Coronavirus.
2) If an attendee has any symptoms of cold/flu/temperature or have been told to self-isolate they must not attend the event. We wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing you at later events.
3) All attendees are expected to have had both doses of vaccine with at least a two week gap between the 2nd jab and attending the event. Attendees are also expected to have received any booster dose of the vaccine that may in future be offered to their age cohort. The entry requirement limitations might be widened at future events, when formal NHS Covid Passes will be required.
4) The use of face coverings or masks is for the individual attendee to decide, we expect everyone to be tolerant of others’ personal choices.
5) Attendees are requested to locate and use the available hand sanitisers on arrival and regularly during the event.
6) Rooms will be as well ventilated as we can manage.
7) Dancers who are willing to change partners between Tandas are requested to pick up a green wristband to indicate that they are happy to be approached for dance requests (this is to allow an easy relaxed atmosphere which encourages conversation and conviviality, without the need to keep ‘eyes down’ if you are only dancing with your Tango Bubble partner).
8) Tango Norfolk operates a fully inclusive approach to attendees at our events and consideration of individual preferences for space, face coverings and sanitising arrangements are always to be given.
9) Entry to some events may be by prior booking – see individual event details.
10) Tango Norfolk reserves the right to refuse admission to any individual whose behaviour, in the opinion of an event organiser, poses a risk to the health or well-being of other dancers. The decision of the event organiser will be final and cannot be appealed.
11) Tango Norfolk reserve the right immediately to terminate an event should the event host think it is necessary.
12) Our Covid policy is always subject to change in line with governmental advice.